Thursday, October 28, 2010

And my best friend is Elizabeth Bennet?


The first term of school is almost over, life is crazy busy, two weeks ago I turned in my application to work in Washington and what do I have to talk to you about? A recent discovery about my friend's personality. Yeah, it's just that exciting.
So the particular friend that I am thinking of is headstrong, smart, kind, frank, independent, loves her family and friends, loves the outdoors, loves reading, isn't afraid to tell a guy what she thinks..... Sound like anyone from classic English literature? Anyone?
Bingo -- Elizabeth Bennet, the heroine of Jane Austen's classic novel Pride and Prejudice (and if we're talking film adaptions, as I believe I've mentioned before, the 1995 version starring Colin Firth is the ONLY way to go).
And speaking of Colin Firth, Pride and Prejudice is most certainly not a single-character based story. I would have been content to just make snide remarks about my friend's general need for her very own Mr. Darcy, but it just so conveniently happens that there is a certain guy at school who is, oh I dunno, tall dark and handsome? Smart? A little bit of a jerk sometimes? Yeah, and it gets better: my certain friend and this certain guy didn't exactly hit it off from the beginning. They were completely content to barely tolerate each other for quite awhile. (Ringing any bells for you yet?) Oh, but now? My friend thinks maybe she doesn't hate him any more. I'm not saying she likes him (yet :P), she just doesn't dislike him...... :D
Anyways, teasing my friend totally makes my day. Love you lots, honey pie!


Oh, P.S. This friend may or may not by the time you read this have written a blog post about this same topic at sweetcheeks48.blogspot.com

2 comments:

  1. Shawn! the link didn't work!?! did you type it in wrong?
    By the way i love the post!! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, that was weird.
    Well, in order to fix it I just had to post the address and it isn't a link. So just copy and paste it or whatever and it should work. If not, let me know. :D

    ReplyDelete

Comment if you want, I guess. I'll moderate them and as long as they're appropriate and say wonderful things about me, your comments will hopefully be visible in about a day. :)