Sunday, January 16, 2011

Girl Party and TV Couple Ships

I realized I've only really been writing girly sappy posts for a while, so I'm gonna get all the rest of it out right now so I can go back to writing about National Geographic and science fiction. If girly things offend you (pointed look at Kaytlyn), then just skip this post and wait for something more...masculine?
Girly AND true!
I am currently sitting on the bathroom floor while my future-cosmetologist sister attempts to crimp my hair (my "dang crap hair" as she puts it. you know, if that's what she says to her customers, I don't think she'll do so well in the business. she yanks ears and hits, too.) We do this sometimes (not the dang crap thing, the hanging out thing) and she tries to convince me that I don't have to be a slob all the time. I allow her to think she's succeeding just because I like not having to fix my own hair.
It's funny, really, because with my friends I am one of the girliest but with my sister I am manly, unfashionable, and all-around geeky. A slobby slob, as opposed to a sappy sap. Ah, well. No way to win, I guess.
So here is a list of the most girly things about me. The things my friends (except Kaylla) make fun of me for. Here goes:
  1. I LOVE a good chick-flick now and again. Not the gross raunchy "romantic comedies" but the ones like Letters to Juliet or The Notebook (censored, of course) or Tangled. I hold Disney and Jane Austen fully responsible for my "ridiculously high" standards when it comes to guys.
  2. Flowers. I think if a guy got me flowers I'd be hard-pressed to not like him, at least a little. (That doesn't mean there aren't exceptions. You know who they are.)
  3. I shamelessly ship TV couples. That means from episode 2 I've decided who ends up with who, and if the writers of the show do it differently than I want...beware, Lilly. Us shippers (me and middle-aged women across America) even have nicknames for these couples. Caskett, Rayne, Pyka, Charah... Yeah, a whole new kind of geeky you didn't even want to know about.
  4. I love this song:


5. I like smelling like sugar cookies. Yes, you needed to know that.

Okay, the end. Expect the next post to be full of Sherlock Homes, mummies, country music, and how stinkin' EXCITED  I am for Andrew Garfield to be Spiderman.
Love you all,
 - Me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment if you want, I guess. I'll moderate them and as long as they're appropriate and say wonderful things about me, your comments will hopefully be visible in about a day. :)