Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A Wonderful IM Chat between Lilly and I

Lilly: (Quoting something) "The knight in shining armor can sometimes be just a guy wrapped in tin foil."

Me: Why would a guy be wrapped in tin foil? What does he think he is, a campfire dinner?

Lilly: No, no, no. it probably is because he wants to appear to a girl, from a distance, that he is a knight in shining armor.

Me: So what’s he gonna do when it’s no longer ‘from a distance’? “Uhh, surprise! I was too cheap for armor, but we can reuse this foil to cover our leftover lasagna! I’m being frugal!!!!”

Lilly: Hey! You may never know, the girl could like a frugal guy! Or if she doesn’t like his appearance, it’s his bad luck…..

Me: Frugal, yeah. Wrapped in tin foil?? Probably not.
He’ll be eating that lasagna all by himself.

Lilly: Hey I think it would be kind of cute if the guy went through all that work to wrap himself in tin foil to appear as my knight in shinning armor….but then again if it was a guy I did not know then I would think there is something wrong with him

Me: I would rather he just act like a knight in shining armor. He could be a knight temporarily without armor. A knight in shining tinfoil is just…no.

Lilly: Okay, yeah. Maybe your right. I think I would like a guy who acted like a knight more than a guy in tin foil, but….it would be hilarious to see a guy in tin foil and take pics of him and then post them on the internet and label him as the oddest man ever!

Me: That’s true. Mock him (over ice cream) with your friends at sleepover.

Lilly: Yeah I like that! and maybe if we are hyper enough we would wrap ourselves in tin foil!! Haha. We would have to be really hyper (and rich, to buy all that tin foil) to do all that.

Me: We need to have a sleepover soon…



The moral of the story, guys, is that while we don't require you to literally be a knight in shining armor, we do prefer that you act like one. And be frugal.


P.S. The sleepover is planned for this Friday

1 comment:

Comment if you want, I guess. I'll moderate them and as long as they're appropriate and say wonderful things about me, your comments will hopefully be visible in about a day. :)